Pillar Carbon ULCX
Pillar Carbon ULCX
- Weight: Set 1280g, Front 575g, Rear 705g, Rim 345g
- Front Axle: QR 100mm, 9x100mm, 12x100mm, 15x100mm
- Driver: Shimano/SRAM HG, Campy 11-speed or SRAM XD-R
6 degree engagement, 3 pawl freehub, 60 point drivering
- Tire Width: 33-55mm
- Rim: Clincher 24mm inner width // 28mm outer width
Hook Less, Tubeless Ready
- Rear Axle: QR 135mm, 10x135mm, 12x142mm
- Brake Rotor Interface: Center Lock or ISO 6 Bolt
- Rider Weight: Recommended 240lbs/108kg max
- Note: Skewers Not Included
By lacing our Road Disc Chassis to the PillarCarbon UltraLite rim we've made a race weapon not only lighter where it counts but also has a higher recommended rider weight. When there is no room for compromise the Pillar ULCX stands alone in the spotlight.
24 HOLE 2/1 LACING PATTERN
Found on all of our rear road wheels. This lacing pattern reduces wheel weight and promotes even spoke tensions, while maintaining excellent durability. Rear wheels feature 16 spokes on the rear drive side flange, paired with 8 opposing spokes. Due to the rear wheel dish caused by the cassette on the rear wheel, this orientation evens out spoke tension. It also reduces peak stress loads on the spokes and rim, as well as the fatigue cycle incurred in a traditional 24 spoke wheel - allowing a lower spoke count and lighter weight, without the durability issues and increased rim weights commonly associated with low spoke count wheels.
Rated to withstand 700 ft/lbs of torque! We reduced the pawl count to 3 instead of 6, for lower drag and weight, while still achieving and industry leading (for road hubs) 6 degree engagement. Relocated bearings, and a new freehub seal reduce freehub drag while coasting.
Carbon road wheels feature a 2 year warranty on hubs, spokes, and assembly, and a two year warranty on the rims.