- Weight: Set 1,950g, Rim 600g
- Front Axle: QR 100mm, 9x100mm, 15x100mm, Boost 15x110mm, Boost 20x110mm*
- FatBike Front Axles: QR 135mm, 9x135mm, QR 10x135mm (Rear offset disc spacing), 15x135mm, 15x142mm, and 15x150mm*
- Driver: Shimano HG mtn 9-11spd or SRAM XD
3 degree engagement, 6 pawl freehub, 120 point drivering
- Tire Width: 2.8 - 3.8”
- Rim: 45mm inner width // 48.8mm outer width
- Rear Axle: QR 135mm, 10x135mm, 12x135mm, 12x142mm and Boost 12x148mm*
- FatBike Rear Axles: QR 170mm, 12x177mm, 12x190mm, and 12x197mm*
- Rider Weight: Recommended 250lbs/114kg max
- Available: In 29" and 27.5"
A Faster Wheelset
Always striving to create wheelsets to cover the needs and wants of every rider, Industry Nine is pleased to introduce the BackCountry450 to our Torch system wheelsets. Designed as a "plus size" rim to accommodate 2.8" to 4.0" tires the BackCountry450 is a true, singletrack-bred wheelset ready to challenge any terrain. Following the lead of our second generation mountain rim family, the BC450 takes design cues from the Ultralite235, Trail245 and Enduro305. What that means to the rider is a 45mm inner width hoop that sets up and retains the tire with ease and confidence. Whether building a faster wheelset for the Fat Bike or putting the crowning achievement on a new plus rig, we can lace the BackCountry450 to both the 32h Torch Mountain or FatBike System chassis, the BackCountry450 is poised to make any bike an all new ride.
By making the rim bed wider the tire sidewalls sit in a more vertical position increasing sidewall tension thus creating a firmer tire contact. This higher tension lets you run lower pressures versus narrower rims allowing the tire to conform more naturally to the terrain and increases the contact patch. More tire on the ground, more tractions when it matters.